Friday, December 28, 2007

Getting Paid To Watch TV

I have taken a lot of different types of surveys. But recently I have taken ones that involve getting paid to watch television.

Twice I have been asked to watch the Democratic debates for PSB surveys. My profile shows that I am a voter and registered as a Democrat which I imagine was part of the qualifications for this particular survey. Anyway, both times I watched the Democrats tell me why they should be President. Both debates lasted about one hour and 30 minutes. Then I received a phone call from PSB, and was asked various questions about the debates and some of the individual candidates. This took about 5 minutes. A couple of weeks after each debate I received a check for $10 per survey. I know that is not a lot of money for such a long period of time. But here is the deal - I was going to watch the debates anyway! AND I love being able to voice my opinions in issues that really matter. Hopefully I will qualify again.

Then I qualified for a survey from Survey Spot which had me watch an hour long TV drama. For confidentiality reasons, I can't say the show's title. But it was one I hadn't seen before. After viewing the show I went online and took a survey that took about 15 minutes. I was asked about characters and plot and if I liked the direction the show was taking. All and all, it was fun to do. Got paid $5 for it, which is very little for the total time, but sometimes the enjoyment of the survey itself compensates for the lower hourly wage.

If you find the idea of doing surveys like this intriguing, check out the survey database sites listed in my resource area.

No comments: